The Co-Pilot meter by-pass system allows a gas meter to be safely and easily replaced without interrupting service or the need to enter a residence. No more scheduling and rescheduling to re-light pilots or conduct appliance checks. It requires no hoses or regulators or complex combinations of valve procedures.
The system quickly connects to virtually any existing 6″ (Residential) or 8.25″ (Commercial) on-center meter set, whether it’s composed of a prefabricated steel set or a malleable meter bar combined with swivels and nuts. It’s adaptable to many combinations of meter nuts. Its aluminum body is coated with a UV resistant gas gray polyester to keep unit in good condition and protected for years of service. The Co-Pilot is self-contained. It is tamper proof, with a custom activation key, and optional locking devices that provide multiple levels of security.
The Co-Pilot provides user-friendly gas meter bypass and purge solution. The Co-Pilot can be used on new or existing installations. Once installed, meters can be bypassed and serviced without gas supply interruption to the residence. Options include a locking cap device or custom lock assembly and key for by-pass.
- Co-Pilot is self-contained: kit does not require additional parts to function
- Universal connection capabilities to most existing 6″ (Residential) and 8.25″ (Commercial) on-center meter sets
- Reduced liability to the customer and service provider in by-passing the meter
- Reduces total cost of ownership to both the customer and the service provider by eliminating scheduled and unscheduled meter appointments
- Significantly reduces labor time and eliminates service interruption
- Safety key feature that ensures co-pilot will not be left in by-pass mode (Commercial only)
- Overall adaptability for all meter changes outs
- Optional locking choices
- UV/Corrosion resistance
- Tamper resistant
- Optional Features: Residential: Vertical or Horizontal Lock Cover, Special Locking Key and Cover and Test Port can be added upon request. Commercial: Horizontal lock cover and test port with plug.